Fastest Known Times. An idea that you don’t need a race to go fast. You just need a segment of trail and a way to prove you ran it.
The rules and most notable FKTs can be found here : http://fastestknowntime.proboards.com/ but a quick recap is below.
- Announce your intentions – Following the directions here you must make an announcement BEFORE your run begins for it to count. You may use the proboards listed above, but to count for the regional records you MUST either share that link as a comment below or share your announcement here: https://www.facebook.com/Trailmethods/ – In addition – To avoid any confusion, each runner must make their announcement themselves.
- Anyone is invited to watch, cheer, or even challenge you.
- Record your event.
- Announce your time and provide your data to prove what you accomplished. (please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Earn absolutely nothing.
In the Rochester region we wanted a home for people to get a quick look up of FKTs. This page is NOT a replacement of the proboards, this is a quick local resource of FKT records in our region.
Trailhead at route 96 and Bason View Drive to Northside Elementary School
|Erica Mead (SS)||3:01:05||Daven Oskvig (us)
Greg Casto (SS)
|Kendra Pokhis (sS)||6:51:20||
Dan Ostrander (sS)
14 ~ Miles
(Power station on LaSalle Pkw to Boughton Park)
|Michael Valone (US)||3:11:40|
|Seneca Trail Two Way (N-S-N)
|Crescent Trail – Seneca Trail combo one way|
|Seneca – Crescent – Wishbone (100k)||Ben Murphy (SS)||20:37:00|
|Genesee Valley Greenway|
|Letchworth Extension Finger Lakes Trail
| Jamie Hobbs
Trailhead from River road to Victor-Mendon Road (and back)
| Sean Storie
|Bristol Hills Loop
27 ~ Miles
|Sarah Dean|| 5:59:34
|Travis Money (S)||5:59:34|
As per the proboards these are the categories below
- Means you have a dedicated support team that meets you along the way to supply whatever you need.
- Means that you don’t carry everything you need from the start, but you don’t have dedicated, pre-arranged people helping you. This is commonly done a couple different ways: You might put out stashes of supplies for yourself prior to the trip, or you might just use what’s out there, such as stores, begging from other trail users, etc
- Means you have no external support of any kind. Typically, this means that you must carry all your supplies right from the start, except any water that can be obtained along the way from natural sources.
Unsupported also means unaccompanied!