Fastest Known Times. An idea that you don’t need a race to go fast. You just need a segment of trail and a way to prove you ran it.
The rules and most notable FKTs can be found here : http://fastestknowntime.proboards.com/ but a quick recap is below.
- Announce your intentions. Ideally you do it on the pro-boards but anywhere locally works as well (ie #TrailsRoc on Facebook).
- Anyone is invited to watch, cheer, or even challenge you.
- Record your event.
- Announce your time and provide your data to prove what you accomplished.
- Earn absolutely nothing.
In the Rochester region we wanted a home for people to get a quick look up of FKTs. This page is NOT a replacement of the proboards, this is a quick local resource of FKT records in our region.
|Crescent Trail End to End|
|Crescent Trail Two Way (W-E-W)|
|Seneca Trail One Way|
|Seneca Trail Two Way (N-S-N)|
|Crescent Trail – Seneca Trail combo one way|
|Seneca – Crescent – Wishbone (100k)|| Ben Murphy
|Genesee Valley Greenway|
|Letchworth Extension Finger Lakes Trail|| Jamie Hobbs
|Lehigh Out and Back (W-E-W)|| Sean Storie
As per the proboards these are the categories below
- Means you have a dedicated support team that meets you along the way to supply whatever you need.
- Means that you don’t carry everything you need from the start, but you don’t have dedicated, pre-arranged people helping you. This is commonly done a couple different ways: You might put out stashes of supplies for yourself prior to the trip, or you might just use what’s out there, such as stores, begging from other trail users, etc
- Means you have no external support of any kind. Typically, this means that you must carry all your supplies right from the start, except any water that can be obtained along the way from natural sources.
Unsupported also means unaccompanied!